What is the difference between the Office 2013 suites and Office 365 plans?
Microsoft Office is still the name Microsoft uses for its familiar productivity software. Office suites have traditionally included applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook. All Office 2013 suites include the latest versions of the applications, for use on a single PC.
Microsoft uses the name “Office 365” for products that include cloud services, such as additional SkyDrive online storage, Skype minutes for home use, Lync web conferencing or Exchange Online hosted email for businesses. Cloud services are features that are enabled over the Internet. Most Office 365 plans also include the full-featured Office 2013 applications, which users can install across multiple computers and devices. All Office 365 products, such as Office 365 Home Premium, are paid for on a subscription basis, annually. Active subscribers will receive future rights to version upgrades as a benefit of their subscription. Entitlements vary by product.
What it includes:
- Install on up to two PCs and Windows 8 tablets, Macs.
- Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, OneNote, Publisher, and Access.
- An extra 20 GB of online storage in SkyDrive (27 GB total) for anywhere access to your documents.
- 60 minutes of Skype calls each month to phones in 40+ countries.
- Four year subscription with automatic upgrades included so you’re always up to date.
How do I download Office?
- Go to www.office.com/verify
- Enter your 25-character Product Key.
- Sign in with or create your Microsoft account.
- Verify your eligibility by providing your school email address or logon, or International Student Identity Card (ISIC).
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install Office.
- If you purchased Office 365 University as a download from a retailer, visit www.office.com/myaccount on the PC or Mac that you want to install Office on, and then sign in with or create a Microsoft account. Once signed in, click Install Office and follow the onscreen instructions. You will not need to enter your product key.
Full and part time enrolled university and college students, faculty and staff in accredited institutions. Alumni of these institutions are ineligible.
Submit proof: You will be required to verify your eligibility online to use this software.